Applying the Scrum Master role within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) enterprise with SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Certification Based on version 4.6 of SAFe
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
- To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who Should Attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 4 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Annual Renewal
- Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
What Are People Saying?
"Coming into the course I have known nothing about scrum whatsoever but after leaving their two-day course, I have gained a lot of insight on what it means to be a scrum master. Hopefully soon I’ll be able to take another course"
Aleph Technologies is a premiere training, management consulting and professional services company. Aleph Technologies has experience providing its expertise at an individual and corporate level. We understand that Agile is a mindset, not just a methodology, and ongoing attention to get the full benefit of its practices is essential. Aleph Technologies provides attention to detail that allows for career growth and excellent products.
(Already completed the class on Nov 2/3)Sunaina Mohal